Wednesday, September 23, 2009

In The Disco

She sat before the bar counter; the music was loud; the spirits were high; everyone was dancing on the floor.
“Can I have your order ma’m?”, the well-dressed bar-tender asked politely.
She looked up,
“One Bacardi please”
“Okay ma’m”
That track ended, the DJ turned on a soft track. There were little blue and red lights, making a mysterious romantic atmosphere, she looked at them, they were holding each other and dancing closely, so close to feel each other’s breathes.
Wish I were there, in his arms’ she thought and smiled poorly to herself and turned back to the bar.
“You seem sad you know…”
She looked at the guy sitting beside her, ‘where did he come from?’ she thought with a little irritation.
“Ohh, sorry, you don’t know me, I’m Ayush…and you..?” he chuckled noticing her raised eyebrows.
“Aly, I am Aly. And I’m not sad.” She told boldly.
“Then may be you’re loveless”
“What’s loveless??”
“An out of dictionary word you know, I keep making those…ha haa..it means, you are not getting love or may be lack of..”
“Your drink ma’m” the bartender served her drink; she nodded to her and looked back at Ayush, a bit of disgusted she was, without a reason may be.
“Look, whatever that is, I don’t care, because I am happy. And you are no one to be concerned about me, okay?” she snorted.
“Whoa, don’t be angry girl!! I think I should go, you probably dislike me!” Ayush said, but still with a smile on his face. ‘He looks cute’, Aly thought.
“Umm, I didn’t mean to be so rude. It’s just that…that I’ve a lot of headache. Never mind.” she felt awkward.
There fell a moment of silence between them in that loud music.

“Hey buddy, enjoyin’ eh?”
Aly looked back, it was for sure Rehan with all of his teeth out.
“Yeah, why not? Look, I’m sitting here being surrounded by freaky unknown people and enjoying!!” she emphasized upon ‘enjoying’.
Rehan felt a hint of temperament.
“hey, I didn’t mean to leave you alone here. But you didn’t want to dance yaar!” Rehan shrugged his shoulders. ‘Does he even care?’ another thought bubble of Aly.
“Well, it’s not your fault, its mine. I should have known that Papa’s nice boy would not go to school’s farewell-party, rather he would visit the disco with his girl embarrassing his best friend” this time she was truly disgusted that anyone could understand that from her face.
“How..how would I know that dad would be at my place to force me to go to that sucking party? And you came over my place to go with me?”
“I didn’t know that you would turn out to be so selfish!”
“Am I?”
Aly looked at his eyes, so cute, his appearance, so hot, and he was someone else’s…
“Dimpy is waiting.” she tried to smile, “Go or she would come over here. You know I don’t like her.”
“heyy Alz, this girl is really so damn good. I…I really like her! But you’re still the best you know, may be that's why you dislike her, ha ha..”
“Whom do you think is not better than me? Go idiot” she laughed, that was what Rehan was waiting for. He went.
She sat alone; suddenly she looked around, but Ayush was not there; good guy, she thought. But that sentence was echoing in her head ‘you’re still the best’, it was the most enchanting line for her, as she considered.

“Will you pay now ma’m?” the bartender again.
“huh? Ohh wait…” she was going to open her purse when she noticed that she hasn’t yet had the drink.
“But where’s my drink?” Astonished, she asked the girl.
“I put it here ma’m. I told you while serving you.”
“Oh, I remember. But I didn’t have it. The glass ain’t here even!”
“May be someone took it behind your attention.” the girl hesitated “So, the bill…”
“No no, don’t worry, I’ll pay that” Aly assured her.
“Okay. Thank you ma’m” she smiled.
“Your welcome” Aly smiled back, but she was even more disgusted inside.
There it was, set for her, she spend the evening sitting alone and watching her love dancing with some idiot hot-bod and now she was going to pay for the drink she hasn’t even tasted. ‘It’s just too messed up!’ she closed her eyes, trying not to hear the music, the sound of Bon Jovi telling “I would give anything/ My blood my love my life/ If you were in these arms tonight …”.

11 comments:

  1. Good good, things are heating up a bit eh?
    Oh btw , I'd like to co-author this with u, lemme know okay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch :|

    yeah, that's it .. write more :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Sreejith, okay. I'm glad that finally someone has shown up.
    but first, we have to discuss the story line okay?
    give me your mail id and I'll tell you everything that's in my head!

    @Anu, okay! if i get time!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Ananya, heyyy....I'm not able to read your blog. Allow me!!! 0_o

    ReplyDelete
  5. yea its shreejith@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know, I did mail to aritry.das@gmail.com

    I didn't get any reply so far!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oi? Don't come online often?
    I'm waiting for that mail!^^

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Anu, yeah, got it!

    @Sreejith, i didnt get ur mail. I'll mail u back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ^^Only if i approve your idea of writing this story. Sorry if I'm being rude. just mail me. :)

    ReplyDelete